Hello Family,
This week we had some good visits with our many less active friends (there are 750 in my area). But more than anything else, it has been wildly impressed upon my mind how important the Book of Mormon is. I will share why.
First and foremost, it testifies of Jesus Christ. 100% through and through. Every single word drives us closer and closer to him. You simply cannot read it from cover to cover and declare that you did not change, become happier, or did not get know Christ more personally. You would be a liar.
Second, it testifies that Joseph Smith was in fact a prophet of God. In no single site in the Bible is it stated that The Lord cannot or will not continue his work here on the earth. To say that he is done or cant realize a marvelous work and a wonder in these modern days is to declare that God gave up, quit, got bored, etc. how foolish , wrong, and sad. Amos 3:7 states that ¨surely the Lord God will do nothing, but He revealeth his secrets unto his servants the prophets¨. He will do NOTHING without a prophet. If he does his work, its through a prophet. The Book of Mormon is physical, tangible evidence that Heavenly Father did and DOES call prophets to reveal His will to us. No ordinary man can write, invent, or make up even a page of literature that compares to that of the Book of Mormon. Joseph Smith had an education of a 10 year old. ONLY through divine authority and power could he have translated the divine writings contained in the Book of Mormon.
Thirdly, it testifies that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is in fact the Kingdom of God establishe don the Earth to prepare us for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. The church is run and managed through divine inspiration through men who have been given the power and authority of God through the laying on of hands just as the apostles and prophets of old. No other organization has the authority of God to teach, lead, and effect the necessary ordinances to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. The Book of Mormon is proof of His work in these latter days.
The Bible is wonderful. I love it. But it does not contain everything. It has passed through to many uninspired hands to be perfect. The Book of Mormon clarifies the obscurity of the Bible and even of all Christianity. The Bible needs the Book of Mormon, and equally, the Book of Mormon needs the Bible. If one denies the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, they simply do not understand the Bible and truly believe its teachings. You can't truly believe one without the other.
I have read the Book of Mormon, I have pondered its message, and asked God Himself if it is true. He answered my prayer throught the Holy Ghost. I cannot and will not deny what I KNOW to be true. I love the word of God. It has helped me become so much more than I could be on my own. I will be forever greatful for the gift he has given me.
I encourage all family, friends, acquaintances, or whoever you may be to find or ask for a Book of Mormon and read for 5 minutes each day. Let it touch your heart, illuminate your mind, and motivate you to live as you should to gain a seat on the right hand of God for eternities to come.
For those not familiar with it, here's what is written towards the end of the Book of Mormon:
3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Moroni 10:3-5
With much love,
Elder Girgenti
No comments:
Post a Comment