Monday, February 9, 2015

To the Temple!

Hello All!

First off! I am sorry I didn't email this past Monday! We sacrificed our pday so we could come to the temple today with the couple who just got baptized last saturday. It was a last minute decision so I couldn't fill you in 2 weeks ago. Hope you all are doing okay. And just a heads up I dont have my camera..so no pictures today, I WILL send some monday (in 2 days) i promise. oh and the space bar isn't working well on this computer,so heads-up.
 
I read all of your emails. Thank you so much, I love getting them from everyone. Always a great treat. It sounds like everyone and everything has been going very well at home. Glad these past couple of weeks have been going well! I think about each of you each day. It's pretty unbelieveable how much I have learned from everyone and how well it applies here in the mission. Thanks for all of the love and kindness everyone. Dad, I was just thinking about all of those things we´d do (i.e. boss me around hahaha), I carry all of those memories with me all day every day. Mom, Kallie sent me a pic of you at the temple, thanks!!

Last night with Ana and Cesar (the people recently baptized) we were sharing about temples and experiences and testimonies about temples. It was very powerful. I felt so strongly that even though we are not in each other's physical presence, the temple binds us after this life AS WELL as in this one! It was a great comfort. My best memories ever include going to the temple with you guys that last month home or so. I will never forget that. I loved that, I still do! That pure joy felt doing endowments with Mom and sealings with Dad still sits in my heart and serves as a relief in quiet moments of disappointment or exhaustion, etc. So thank you both for that. Please try and make it a priority to go. We testify continually that familes can be forever, and a part of that requires that I personally act on that. Obviuosly as an Elder I can't go to the temple often, but I think the most I can do for now is implore my own family to go. Often. Willingly. With an abundance of gratitude.

Peter, Grace, Emmy, David. Thanks for your letters! I love reading them, they make me smile! I dont have a ton of time to reply to each one. I think I´ll come up with some system  oneday though. You guys are wonderful. In lessons its typical to talk about my family for a little bit. I refer to you guys as my ¨younger siblings and best friends!¨ with a big goofy smile on my face! I love you so much buds!

The area I am in is AMAZING. It is such an enormous blessing to serve here. Much of the area has still been unexplored so we meet new, incredible people each day. We are literally friends with everyone. Not exaggerating. Like the whole town knows of us and we´re all just buddies. It's really fun! You have a best friend within 10 feet of you at all times, so sweet!

Right now we are teaching a guy named Eduardo. He´s about 20 years old and is just the nicest funniest person ever! One night we were walking down the street and we hear ¨MORMONES¨ (its all we hear all day every day) and we walk over and this kid is just smiling and tells us how he´s seen elders before and stuff. Way nice guy. We started teaching him of course and at the end of our second cita with him he said in english ÿou are my friends, forever¨. It was so kind. he is learning english right now and he learned that phrase so he could tell us that we are his friends. He is awesome. He´s come to a few ward activities and is planning on going to church tomorrow. He is rock solid. A lot of people here are like that. We have 5 investigadores right now with fechas for baptism. Unbelievable.

We have had some very spiritual lessons this week. This has been such a blessing. Available to exact obedience and alliegance to Christ. The blessing we have recieved are truly miraculous. Both in us and in people we teach. We get to witness miracles every day. In an mtc devotional by Elder BEdnar, he shared that we need to stop looking for huge powerful miracles and start seeking the small beautiful miracles of daily life and that are apparent in the work mission. As I have sought to do this, my heart has been filled with gratitude towards my Heavenly Father. He blesses each of us each day in such abundance. We just have to step back a minute and look at whats happening and it all becomes clear. I am so thankful for Father and His everpresent love for us. I KNOW that we are His cherished children and that as we comply with His will He is greatly pleased. I think this is why He refers to Christ as ïn whom I am well pleased¨. Christ completely gave up His will to that of Father´s. As we do our best to follow Christ and obey the commandments, we are filling our Heavenly Father´s heart with a plentitude of happiness.
 
Well my family. I miss you. I love you. I am incredibly grateful for you each invidually. You are SO remarkably strong. Keep being obedient. and loving. Will check back in 2 days. Cant wait to hear from you.
 
Love,
Thomas
 
P.S. if you have questions for me about anything, let me know! thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment