It's been another good week in Santana! We have been finding lots of new people. We are currently teaching a woman named Maritsa. She is about 40 years old, single, and has 2 teenagers. They live with her brother who plays in Evangelical rock bands. He is a super funny man. We found Maritsa about a month ago. We were walking down the street and my comp and I both felt like we needed to go contact the house we had just walked past. So we spun around and started shouting greetings in Spanish. She came out and invited us to sit down. Since then she has been progressing very well. She loves her Savior and is earnestly looking for His true church. She always has awesome questions and loves the church. She has been sick these past 2 weeks, so we haven't taught her much lately, but we are going by tonight to visit with her family. She is super spiritually receptive and loves the message of the Restored Gospel.
This week I have personally learned and felt a lot about Christ's Atonement. It is all encompassing and all powerful. It helps bad people become good. Good people become great. And great people can become perfect through diligently trusting and applying His Atoning sacrifice. I know He loves us. He gave up everything for each and every one of us and a perfectly personal level. I cannot wait to meet Him one day.
Have a wonderful week,
Elder Girgenti
No comments:
Post a Comment